Re: pkgsrc freeze for 2016Q4 starting on Dec 19

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
I intend to make a separate thread for gcc 44,45,46,47 removal. If nobody objects in <reasonable time to object>, I will then remove them and do the work of modifying mk/compiler/gcc.mk. I think this is the right way to go about things.

Well, I can only speak for myself but that sounds great to me. I only care about C99 compliance. I haven't even caught up to C11 myself, yet. Others will have much more nuanced and well developed opinions, I'm sure.

I noticed pkgtools/pkgsurvey. Does this data go to folks who look & care? Maybe we could do a "call for surveys" from all the folks on the mailing lists and get an idea of what's really in use out there.

-Swift