Re: some x11 stuff in pkgsrc is hopelessly broken for slightly older systems

On Wed 20 Jul 2016 at 00:20:52 -0700, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> libXaw3d blows up compiling with something that may be related to yacc
> or bison.  I can work around that, i.e. avoid it entirely by switching
> my XAW_TYPE back to xpm.

Xaw3d doesn't support everything of Xaw anyway, so it may break the
client if it was substituted by without knowing for sure that the client
doesn't use those things. Basically everything in the Xaw(3) manual page
is a "late addition" which isn't in libXaw3d last time I looked.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.