Re: distfile fetch fail on netbsd-5

    Date:        Sun, 8 May 2016 14:47:40 +1000
    From:        Carl Brewer <carl%bl.echidna.id.au@localhost>

  | Thanks Robert, I'm tempted to just alias the system make to bmake and
  | see what happens :)

There's a reasonable chance that would work OK.

However, if the problem you're having isn't with building packages,
but just fetching the distfiles, my old patch might might not help, it
usually would not apply until too late.   Also, if the problem is not
really make, but ftp (or libfetch if that was in use in NetBSD 5), and
attempting to fetch from a https:// URL, then the usual workaround is (was)
to set FETCH_USING=wget (or curl, your preference)

kre