Re: Optionally make compat socklen_t default to int in bootstrap?

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 08:41:17PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
 > > But whatever, that was twenty years ago. And the right thing to do is
 > > probe it in the configure script.
 >
 > The compile test itself is simple, but I guess we need to wrap it inside
 > a test wether -Wall -Werror works.

It only needs to have the same set of warnings that the compiles using
it will have -- if those include -Wall -Werror, which I suppose in
general they probably will, then it had better do *all* configure
tests with -Wall -Werror, because this isn't going to be the only
thing that might belch.

Except of course for the GNU-origin ones that don't work properly that
way.

Also it's probably a good idea to check size_t as well as int and
unsigned. IIRC there's at least one old version of DU on alpha where
it had to be size_t.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost