Re: Optionally make compat socklen_t default to int in bootstrap?

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 02:29:12PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
 > bootstrap fails for me on an ancient SunOS machine and I am looking for the
 > proper way to make the
 >
 > #ifndef HAVE_SOCKLEN_T
 > typedef unsigned int socklen_t;
 > #endif
 >
 > part of pkgtools/libnbcompat/files/nbcompat/netdb.h
 >
 > use "int" instead of "unsigned int" when make gets OPSYS=SunOS.

IME, "int" is the proper type on nearly all platforms that don't
provide a typedef.

Anyway can't you probe in the configure script? The reason it matters
is that the type appears as a pointer argument in e.g. getsockname.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost