Re: pkglint fails to build on NetBSD 5

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 08:46:25 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm updating packages on a NetBSD 5 box and pkglint fails to build
> because of go14 Yes, I know that with the release of 7 (which is just
> yesterday in NetBSD release terms), pkgsrc no longer really supports 5.
> Were this some regular package, I wouldn't worry.  But for pkgsrc
> infrastructure, not supporting NetBSD 5 seems like a real problem.

Is pkglint really considered infrastructure though?
Note the previous version of pkglint is still available in the tree.
(sparc64 users are stuck with it even on 7.0, no "go" support yet)

> Hopefully this is just a built nit in go14 and easily fixed.

time_t changed from 32-bit to 64-bit between 5.0 and 6.0.
This might cause nontrivial problems for go binary bootstrap.

Kind regards,
-Tobias