Re: LIBTOOL_OVERRIDE and ltmain.sh/libtool.m4 and gtexinfo

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 07:49:03AM +0100, Richard Palo wrote:
> I noticed in audio/xsidplay/Makefile:
> > pre-configure:
> > 	rm ${WRKSRC}/scripts/ltmain.sh && ${LN} -s ${PREFIX}/share/libtool/ltmain.sh ${WRKSRC}/scripts/ltmain.sh
>
> which doesn't seem to even work since ltmain.sh is delivered to $PREFIX/share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh !

Looks like this was done for an old version of libtool. And since
nothing breaks even though it does nothing, perhaps we should just
remove it.

> Is this nevertheless the only useable approach (but using the correct directories), that is manually replacing ltmain.sh and libtool.m4
> when libtool itself is used during the configure phase?

I haven't met another package that needs this.

Perhaps
pre-configure: libtool-override depcomp-override
works.
 Thomas