Re: pbulk with manual steps

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 12:42:30PM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
 > In my case the above was a symptom that the pkg_add etc. settings in
 > my pbulk.conf pointed to the pkg_add in my /usr/pbulk/sbin/
 > directory, and this version of pkg_install defaults to prefix
 > /usr/pbulk and pkg DB directory /usr/pbulk/var/db/pkg.

That won't ever work. /usr/pbulk needs to be its own independent
pkgsrc installation; it is to hold pbulk in an external container so
pbulk doesn't trash itself when it rearranges the default
installation for building.

 > pbulk.conf has a comment that it must use a pkg_install installed
 > outside of /usr/pkg.

That is not true if you give it a bootstrap kit; then it can (and
should) use the pkg_install in the bootstrap kit.

 > My earlier setup was in use to build pkgsrc-2015Q3, so I'm pretty
 > sure the previous pkg_install binaries installed in /usr/pbulk used
 > /var/db/pkg and installed packages in /usr/pkg by default, while the
 > new one doesn't.

If so, how did you install anything in /usr/pbulk?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost