Re: Rebootstrapped on Darwin

* On 2015-12-18 at 13:05 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> * On 2015-12-18 at 12:42 GMT, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>
> >    I'm pretty sure at least nbsed is needed, unless these are isolated
> > case where the packages need to be fixed -- I didn't actually
> > investigate why the RE's failed.
> >
> >    It's easily checked against boost-docs; that package directly fails
> > with the sed-error.  When I build gpg2 it's a dependency which fails
> > (dir* something, I can't recall (t'was at bedtime)).
>
> Could you put your build logs and environment somewhere?  I can't
> reproduce this on my El Capitan bulk build machines (which started a
> clean from-scratch build a few days ago):

Ignore that, I'd forgotten that my bulk builds are done in a sanitised
environment.  If I set LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 then I see the issue too.

The cause is the 'appendix' subst stage, we could work around it
easily enough but I fear there will probably be quite a few lurking.

I'll send a separate proposal to enable sed on El Capitan for the
branch.  After the branch we can look at enabling bulk builds to
exacerbate this issue and see if we can clean them up or sanitise the
environment globally as Thomas suggested in an earlier thread.

Thanks,