Re: rsync and pbulk

Le 24/10/15 00:55, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :

>>> The general procedure to avoid having to restart from scratch is to
>>> remove the failed package from the meta/error file then
>>> bulkbuild-restart.  That has always worked ok for me.
>>>
>> what would be nice then (and I guess I thought it was the case:) a success bulkbuild-rebuild should automatically clean the package out of meta/error.
>> Then bulkbuild-restart can continue with the packages depending on what previously didn't build.
>
> The reason this doesn't exist is that I don't know any way to do inplace
> file updates like that in shell. I'm using bulkbuild-rebuild quite a bit while
> the build is still running and any copying of the file would disrupt
> the running bulk build.
>
> Joerg

I would not have thought safe to run bulkbuild-rebuild during a bulk build.
(I can try that now as I'm still waiting for the last package of a build to finish)

Then two questions:
1. what is the difference between manually editing meta/error or doing it
   programatically in this case?
2. perhaps there bulkbuild-rebuild could have logic to programatically
   update if the bulk build is terminated, or even bite the bullet and put in shared
   writer logic.

--
Richard PALO