Re: rsync and pbulk

Le 23/10/15 19:02, Jonathan Perkin a écrit :
>> It would naturally be nice to be able to do both after a build with any failures.
>> That is, both bulkbuild-rebuild *and* bulkbuild-restart.
>
> The general procedure to avoid having to restart from scratch is to
> remove the failed package from the meta/error file then
> bulkbuild-restart.  That has always worked ok for me.

what would be nice then (and I guess I thought it was the case:) a success bulkbuild-rebuild should automatically clean the package out of meta/error.
Then bulkbuild-restart can continue with the packages depending on what previously didn't build.

>> Also, although it may be more related to joyents patches than otherwise, it would
>> be nice if for any reason after invoking a bulkbuild script and subsequently aborting
>> e.g. ^C...  upon the next invocation, the chroots are in the way needing cleanup -
>> currently manually, which when many is a nuissance.
>
> Yes, this is specific to our patches.  It would be nice to have a way
> to automatically clear up the chroots but it is non-trivial and needs
> to ensure that an accidental run of a bulk build does not go and
> destroy one that might be currently running.

well, the master 'process' should always keep tabs on its workers.
Hopefully there is a reasonable solution...

cheers

--
Richard PALO