Re: Requiring USE_DESTDIR=yes after the branch

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> following the pkgsrc-2015Q3 branch, I would like to remove the support
> for USE_DESTDIR=no from pkgsrc. In terms of the infrastructure, the only
> thing still depending on it is bootstrapping. I am working on that, but
> I've been running out of time before the freeze started. Otherwise a
> proper warning would have been added already.

I'm assuming that user-destdir mode will remain - that seems obvious but
I thought I'd make sure I wasn't confused.

I agree it is getting closer to being time to do this.  It seems there
are two issues: the boostrapping one you mention, and then the question
of how many packages would break.  I had thought there were some, but a
quick grep seems to show that there are zero packages with
PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT=none.  (There are 474 in wip, but that's not really
relevant.)  Do you believe that there are no longer any
non-destdir-supporting packages in pkgsrc proper?