RE: libressl status

As an alternative perspective, I made a similar inquiry on the Gentoo dev
list:

https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/04d2637c6ad764062396fec3b6f9f
1e5

They seem to be leaning towards only allowing openssl or libressl to be
installed on a given system, but not both. That seems like it would be
problematic over time, unless both projects make a more concerted effort for
interoperability 8-/.