requirements for MesaLib update in pkgsrc?

Hi,

In rev 1.13486 of pkgsrc/doc/TODO a warning message was added about
updating graphics/MesaLib.

Does anyone know specifics about this?
Does it apply at all to native X11 or is it only relevant for
X11_TYPE=modular users? Which NetBSD releases currently require the old
MesaLib? (We could keep the old MesaLib and direct the bl3.mk to it.)

My reason for asking is that I added an updated MesaLib package in
pkgsrc-wip. It would be nice to get it fully working and ready for
import soon after 2015Q1 is branched.

From what I can tell mesa-10.5 ships classic DRI drivers as well as
gallium drivers. Presumably the classic drivers should still work with
NetBSD.

At least on -current both software acceleration via llvm and hardware
acceleration on radeon r600 seems to work:

OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.6, 256 bits)
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.5.0-rc3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
---
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.5.0-rc3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

So, which platforms and mk.conf settings could be considered a bare
minimum to test before importing to pkgsrc? I use X11_TYPE=modular with
current and just did a make replace. My binaries still work so hopefully
no recursive revbumps will be necessary for this update.

Kind regards,
-Tobias