Re: ~4000 packages failing on my own bulk build

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 09:42:47AM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
 > One feature which would be useful is an option to show the top
 > 'prefailed' packages in the report.  It may not be desired as a
 > default option as for the most part it will be NOT_FOR_PLATFORM noise,
 > but maybe having it for the occasions where it is useful is more
 > important.  I'm ambivalent on this one.

Speaking from the point of view of having been watching the bulk
reports for years: yes, this is useful and doesn't need to be optional
either.

I do think we ought to be more specific about NOT_FOR_* - currently we
use this both for "it does not make sense on this platform", and "it
does not work on this platform but in theory it should if someone put
time in". The former should be silently suppressed; the latter
shouldn't.

As things stand, lots of the latter get silently hidden in bulk
reports, e.g. packages that aren't 64-bit clean.

Maybe NOT_FOR_PLATFORM for the first case and BROKEN_ON_PLATFORM for
the second?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost