Re: Preserving binary packages

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:42:31 +0900, Alistair Crooks <agc%pkgsrc.org@localhost> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:34:27AM +0100, Edgar Fu? wrote:
> [...] so that I can type "make install" and have a binary package built
> for every pre-req package and the package itself.
But isn't that the case only since some ``recent'' changes (i.e. default
DESTDIR support)?
Hm, I'm talking to AGC, so I must be overlooking something, but wouldn't
	DEPENDS_TARGET= package-install
almost do what you want?

Almost - it does the dependencies just fine (and I checked before I
went out of my way to provide a definition that would placate both
sides) - but it doesn't do the package you're building.  Which may
well have been deleted, not preserved, after many hours of building on
an embedded platform.  Not the type of thing that I want to see happen
to anyone.

It also had been fixed.
DEPENDS_TARGET was always set as "package-install" with USE_DESTDIR=yes.
After the fix, it is same as USE_DESTDIR=no behaviour.
If you did "make pacage-install", DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install by default.
If you just did "make install", DEPENDS_TARGET=install by default.
--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost