Re: Removing lang/python26

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 02:05:18 +0900, Matthias Drochner
<M.Drochner%fz-juelich.de@localhost> wrote:

I don't think we should force people to change major versions, unless it
becomes technically impossible to support the old one.
I have myself more often abandoned (or at least stopped to update)
pkgsrc on production machines in such cases.
Wrt Python-2.6: I'm using some commercial s/w which only comes as
precompiled .pyc for 2.6, on a laptop which I'm using for daily
work. That would be the next one where I had to drop pkgsrc...

I believe that we already have some rule about removal of pkgsrc
(package using non-redistributable distfile must have MAINTAINER,
 or so one, where in documented?)

Following new rule is reasonable?
* EOL packages will be removed if no MAINTAINER.

We used to be using such rule for mysql4.

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost