Re: Cairo-quartz

On Sat, 31 May 2014 23:45:25 +0900, PHO <> wrote:

Could we add "quartz" option to cairo/pango too?

Yes, I think that is appropriate. I'll do that in a few days.

Done. cairo now has a new option "quartz". cairomm and pango changes
their PLISTs based on how cairo was built. I confirmed gtk2 and gtk3
builds fine with them.

But if cairo was not built with PKG_OPTIONS.cairo=quartz, setting
PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2=quartz results in a configuration failure. I guess
the same thing will happen if PKG_OPTIONS.cairo = -x11 and
PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2 = x11. What should we do for these cases?

Something like following?

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mquartz)
. if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.cairo:Mquartz)
PKG_FAIL_REASON+=       quartz option require cairo built with quartz option

We can introduce framework handle such dependencies, like
add following notification:

PKG_OPTIONS_DEPENDS.quartz=     cairo:quartz

then option framework rise FAIL if quartz option is specified but
cairo is not built with quartz.
(and if cairo is built with quartz, enable quartz option by default?)

OBATA Akio /