Re: Cairo-quartz

From: PHO <pho%cielonegro.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: Cairo-quartz
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 15:08:15 +0900 (JST)

> From: "OBATA Akio" <obata%lins.jp@localhost>
> Subject: Re: Cairo-quartz
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:49:11 +0900
>
>> On Fri, 30 May 2014 04:30:58 +0900, Adam Ciarci?ski
>> <adam%netbsd.org@localhost>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Your recent change to cairo, which disables quartz backend, makes gtk2
>>> fail when PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2=quartz is enabled.
>>>
>>> -----
>>> checking for CAIRO_BACKEND... no
>>> configure: error: Package requirements (cairo-quartz >= 1.6) were not
>>> met:
>>>
>>> No package 'cairo-quartz' found
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Please, fix.
>>
>> Yes, it is because I added/fixed quartz support to cairo/pango, I want
>> to use
>> GTK2+ without X11.
>
> Ugh... Sorry for that.
>

>> Could we add "quartz" option to cairo/pango too?
>
> Yes, I think that is appropriate. I'll do that in a few days.

Done. cairo now has a new option "quartz". cairomm and pango changes
their PLISTs based on how cairo was built. I confirmed gtk2 and gtk3
builds fine with them.

But if cairo was not built with PKG_OPTIONS.cairo=quartz, setting
PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2=quartz results in a configuration failure. I guess
the same thing will happen if PKG_OPTIONS.cairo = -x11 and
PKG_OPTIONS.gtk2 = x11. What should we do for these cases?

Thanks,
 - PHO -                         http://cielonegro.org/
OpenPGP public key: 1024D/1A86EF72
Fpr: 5F3E 5B5F 535C CE27 8254  4D1A 14E7 9CA7 1A86 EF72