Re: Apache should never be a mandatory dependency

> I don't think any of those dependencies are really justified.

That's one reason why I brought this to discussion :)
I am very glad to see we are in agreement to a large degree.

Now we need to find a proper solution and implement it.

> Part of the problem where is trying to support mod_php -- sane
> deployments using FastCGI certainly want to run the application as a
> separate user and don't need all this mess.

Well, if support for mod_php is required, how about implementing either
an option or a direct check if mod_php is installed?
Yes I know, this would have no effect on bulk-builds, so what do we do
with them? I mean, bulk-builds shouldn't worry about what the effective
users are on the system the packages will finally be installed. That's
an install-time issue, so we should have those checks run at
install-time, instead of putting them into the build.

Volkmar

--
http://www.dimensionv.de/
http://tech.nifelheim.info/