Re: "sa-update" in SpamAssassin 3.4.0

Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> writes:

> I'm currently leaning toward using "TOOLS.curl" or "TOOLS.fetch" if set
> and otherwise use the "wget" package (which has less dependences than
> the "curl" package").

SA is big enough taht depending on wget or curl shouldn't help.

I'm not sure what you mean by TOOLS; this use isn't a TOOL use.  But
choosing the run-time dependency based on what TOOLS are available seems
like a reasonable approach.   The other approach is just to pick one,
which removes a cause of variation that could cause trouble.
curl is smaller; 1.9 MB on i386, and with libidn 2.8 MB.  2.8 MB really
doesn't seem that bad (said glancing over at an RK05 pack in the
corner) these days.