Re: Is fontconfig supposed to link against libbz2?

* On 2014-03-19 at 13:34 GMT, Takahiro Kambe wrote:

> In message <20140319101903.GX45320%joyent.com@localhost>
>       on Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:19:03 +0000,
>       Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
> >> I'm not sure what the problem is, but as it's now happening across two
> >> OS we can rule out MirBSD-specific issues and we need to get this
> >> resolved before the branch.
> >
> > Ok, this should be fixed with -r1.44 of freetype2's buildlink3.mk, the
> > addition of the 'png' bits accidentally made bzip2 and zlib dependent
> > on that option being enabled, which it is not by default.
> Similar change should be pulled up to pkgsrc-2013Q4 branch?

I'm somewhat concerned that this update was pulled up in the first
place.  As can be seen by the bulk builds this new major release of
freetype has caused fallout in a number of dependencies as there were
some significant changes.

We still have a week to go of the 2014Q1 freeze so I'm hopeful the
remaining issues can be resolved, but to break the stable 2013Q4
branch is not ideal.  I'd really rather that the stable branches were
limited to security and build fixes only.