Re: Problems affecting the "ffmpeg2" package

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 09:41:58AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
 > >  > Alternative I would like to change the "ffmpeg2" package to conflict
 > >  > with the "ffmpeg" package and install binary and libraries in the
 > >  > normal place.
 > >
 > > That sounds necessary independent of what scheme we come up with for
 > > moving forward.
 >
 > I don't think so. It seems that the existing practice is to allow
 > co-existance. That's a least what the "ffmpeg010" package does.

Someone managed to make it work there, though. Unless Someone wants to
put in the time to make ffmpeg2 work the way it is, it's probably
better to drop those changes.

(Another option is to apply similar changes to ffmpeg1 instead. It
might work better there; and that way has the advantage of being
future-proof.)

It would be helpful to know which/how many of the ffmpeg1-using
packages are expected to work with ffmpeg2, which ones can be updated
into working, etc., but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to
get that information rapidly.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost