Re: pkg/48500: lang/perl5 cause an unaligned access exception. writes:
- >Fix:
- Please apply this patch at pkgsrc/lang/perl5/
- ### gcc-4.*.* in NetBSD/alpha causes  unaligned access exception in perl.
- ### -O works around, and there is a report that -O2 -fno-tree-ter is enough.
- .if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-*-alpha) && !empty(CC_VERSION:Mgcc-4.*.*)
- # XXX: is there any good way to replace the default -O2 with multiple args?
- #PKG_HACKS+=            optimisation
- #BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=  rename:-O[2-9]*:-O2 -fno-tree-ter
- CFLAGS+=-O2 -fno-tree-ter
- .endif

I'm integrating this into the tree, but I can't decide if I need
to bump PKGREVISION on perl or not.  The issue only affects
NetBSD/alpha (or maybe alpha's generically), and otherwise has
no effect.

And I'd like to avoid a huge churn on non-alpha platforms.

My inclination is not to bump it, as fixes an issue (poor
execution style) on one platform only.

Contrary opinions?

Eric Schnoebelen
          Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...
                well, I have others.  -- Groucho Marx