Re: libintl.h and gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk

probably too late...

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 02:49:29 +0900, Richard PALO
<richard.palo%free.fr@localhost> wrote:

Overwhelmed with the hundreds, well thousands of build warnings to the
tune that `${BUILDLINK_DIR}/include/gettext` doesn't exist.

Notice the conflict in this snippet from gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk:

# A built-in gettext is always going to use a built-in iconv.
.if !empty(USE_BUILTIN.gettext:M[yY][eE][sS])
USE_BUILTIN.iconv=      yes
.else
BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.gettext+= include/gettext
BUILDLINK_FNAME_TRANSFORM.gettext+=    -e 's|include/gettext/|include/|'
.endif

It is senseless to add -I${BUILDLINK_DIR}/include/gettext to CPPFLAGS if
buildlink3.mk collapses 'include/gettext' into 'include'.

I've been able to suppress the warnings by commenting out the
'BUILDLINK_FNAME_TRANSFORM.gettext' statement.

Alternately, the 'BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.gettext' statement could be replaced
by a symlink from 'include/gettext' back to 'include'

Any comments/observations/history as to why this shouldn't be fixed?

BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.gettext+= include/gettext

It is required to take care pkgsrc specific header file location change.

BUILDLINK_FNAME_TRANSFORM.gettext+=    -e 's|include/gettext/|include/|'

It is required to take care packages finding gettext header files directly
(e.g. devel/php-gettext)

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost