Re: How to handle "-march=native"?

Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost> writes:

>> I think your option 1 is the right approach.

> I'll add a option to CONFIGURE_ARGS.  But I still think allow build
> with optimized binary could be provided by PKG_OPTIONS.

Perhaps, but it seems like a lot of effort for not much gain.   It seems
that there really should be some cpuflags-like support for compiler
flags in the general case, rather than package options.  Or at least a
single option that can be shared across all packages, for those packages
that don't just take the normal build-for-this-cpu-only flags.