Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze: security/openssl build failure (patch review)

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:17:47AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 04:44:18PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > security/openssl doesn't build on arm, and after inspecting the
> > cause, can't build on any NetBSD platform without assembler
> > implementations of crypto/modes, and neither on Interix:
> >
> > Something in the Configure infrastructure changed at some point,
> > and the constant - ::::::::: needed in part of the configuration
> > table needs to be replaced by :${no_asm}: ; there are examples in
> > that table for other OSes. As the patch-ac is now, -fPIC gets
> > stuffed into the list of objects to build.
> >
> > Patch appended.
> >
> > * I've built and "make test"-ed it on
> > NetBSD/shark-5.1.2_PATCH/pkgsrc-2013q3,
> >   successfully
> > * The patch applies cleanly to pkgsrc-current
> > * I've built and make test-ed on NetBSD-i386-6.1/pkgsrc-current,
> > successfully
> > * I've built and make test-ed on NetBSD-i386-6.1/pkgsrc-2013q3, successfully
> >
> > May I commit?
>
> On NetBSD in general, isn't the builtin version used? So why do we
> need these fixes, and why now?

Depends of what the system administrator selected in mk.conf (e.g. to
have automatic notification of fixed openssl releases through pkg_admin audit).

And we need them now, to not have yet another broken pkgsrc quarterly
release.

        -is