Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze upcomging

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 05:21:25PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 05:35:14PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>  > The pkgsrc freeze for pkgsrc-2013Q4 will start early on Monday GMT
>  > morning, the 16th, so everyone can have their personal hackathons on
>  > the weekend before.
>  >
>  > The expected end of the freeze is the 30th -- no promises though.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/~dholland/broken/ is now more or less up to
> date, for those who want to pursue that...

I thought I mentioned lang/erlang-16, which doesn't build for
NetBSD-arm 5.1.2_PATCH (gcc 4.1.3)

[I thought mentioned this already ca. yesterday, but can't find the message.]

The issue is that instead of silently falling back to a slower
synchronization protocol if neither specialized primitives nor
some gcc atomic ops are available, it fails to compile, unless

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --disable-native-ethr-impls

is added. (See [1]).

That is, the above line is needed for (NetBSD-5 and) I think
any CPU but sparc, powerpc, i386, x86_64. I'd provide a patch if I knew
how to.

Regards,
        -is

https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/46#issuecomment-21719585