Re: Removing packages without DESTDIR support

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I think what needs to be done is to create a bootstrap-ghc package
> that builds bootstrap kits using the installed ghc, and modify the ghc
> package to use that bootstrap kit. Then the package can be updated to
> a reasonably recent version one step at a time. Then we can try to
> figure out how to produce and maintain bootstrap kits for more than
> just i386, probably by generating a different cross-compiling
> bootstrap kit that can be used to produce bootstrap kits for other
> platforms. Or something like that.

I had partial success with bootstrapping ghc by using nhc98 a while
back, but that experiment stopped by a hard disk crash...  I have been
meaning to do try this again, but had not had the time... :(

Btw. does recent ghc work well on NetBSD?  It failed a large amount of
tests in the ghc testsuite last time I tried. And it mis-compiled
darcs...

   /Krister