Re: 2013Q3 freeze pre-announcement

                        Hi Jonathan, *,

On 11/09/2013 08:35, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2013-09-11 at 00:17 BST, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> Would this be the place to discuss building signed binaries for this
>> coming release? (or for the following one)
> I'm more interested in a discussion on how we can build a pkg_install
> from bootstrap which can handle signed packages, so that it is not
> just NetBSD which supports them.

It only needs the patch found in this e-mail:

and then pkg_install has a bug that I just fixed in both NetBSD's src
and pkgsrc repositories (HEAD). The latest version is required for
signed packages to be handled properly, which is why I am suggesting
bumping the required version.

> Once that is possible I will start signing our packages.

I would love to see that!