Re: python32 and python33 dependencies from a package

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 21:25:00 +0900, Ryo ONODERA <>

devel/libpeas supports python2 and python3 at the same time.
Some packages may depends on both of python2 and python3,
but current pkgsrc does not support such packages.

I have no idea about how to handle python dependency correctly.
But I imagine python2 buildlink and python3 buildlink may be separated.
So we may have python27 and python32, and packages may use python2 and/or
python3 by its requirements.

I ever tried to avoid buildlink to python in lang/python/,
it is doing more than python version handling.
Some of them should be moved to, or newly-created
(same as Ruby's, and

OBATA Akio /