Re: Python Package Index (pypi) distfiles now forced TLS?

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 02:01:08PM -0400, rodent%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
 > What about for moving forward though? Are we going to mirror all their
 > distfiles or make FETCH_CMD=[wget|curl] ?

Moving forward, fetch.mk needs to automatically pick something that
handles https urls when one is present. Explicitly setting the fetch
command in affected packages is not scalable.

Also, -current has https support in ftp so nothing special is needed
any more there... which among other things means that unless the
handling is automated we'll never get it fully right.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost