Re: broken packages for 2013q2

    Date:        Sun, 23 Jun 2013 07:11:28 +0000
    From:        David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | There's also a couple packages that have been broken on perl stuff
  | since 5.16.

Could someone who knows (current) perl perhaps take a look at
graphics/magicpoint.

It contains a perl script (mpgembed) that has been giving perl warnings
for a couple of versions of perl now (but continued working) but now
doesn't function at all...

It is just a small script, and the actual functional part of it won't be
an issue - the problems are just perl syntax & getopt.

I can supply test data if needed, or would be happy to help with testing,
but I gave up following perl developments more than 20 years ago, so I have
no idea what is the right way to fix it.   With current perl, just attempting
to run the script (no data needed) is enough to demonstrate the problem
(you don't need to compile & install magicpoint, just extract the perl
script from the distfile and look at that alone).

Thanks in advance,

kre