Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

Francois Tigeot <ftigeot%wolfpond.org@localhost> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 11:06:22AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:

I also think that this needs to be discussed with a wider audience.
If "pkgsrc" doesn't support native X11 libraries under NetBSD any more
it basically renders most of X11 in NetBSD's base system useless.

It is already useless in practice.

I regularly get bug reports from people complaining LibreOffice doesn't work
whereas the real culprit is the NetBSD "native" X11 implementation.

Hello,

In which case we should completely stop supporting it. I'm just objecting to make Modular X11 the default and pretending that Native X11 still works.

Kind regards

--
Sent from my phone