Re: pkgsrc cross-compilation

On Sun, 12 May 2013 19:47:59 +0900, Greg Troxel <>

"OBATA Akio" <> writes:

Should we mark cross-compile supported packages?

I would be tempted to mark ones that are known to fail as

similar to MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no.

Basically, a bulk build should try them and report them broken.

If what you are looking for is a list of ones that work, as a clue to
users, a bulk build will do that.

I wonder it will be usable with bulk build.
  If USE_CROSS_COMPILE_SUPPORTED=yes, and cross-build with fast machines.
  If USE_CROSS_COMPILE_SUPPORTED=no, and build with native hosts.

OBATA Akio /