Re: pbulk using tmpfs

   Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 01:12:06 +0200 (CEST)
   From: iMil <imil%home.imil.net@localhost>

   I've just witnessed it with a couple of packages:

   multimedia/vlc:

      CC       input/libvlccore_la-stream_memory.lo
   /scratch/multimedia/vlc/work/.wrapper/bin/gcc: Cannot fork
   /scratch/multimedia/vlc/work/.wrapper/tmp/logic: Cannot fork
   /usr/pkg/bin/libtool: Cannot fork

   I guess I'm too short in memory to play that game :)

You probably need to bump the maxproc ulimit (ulimit -p).  The default
soft limit is ridiculously low for modern machines, and does not scale
with the available RAM as it probably ought to.  I set it to 1044, the
default hard limit.