Re: suggestion: Host fly-off between pkgin and nih and subsequent official integration

On 4/17/2013 01:57, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
I cannot say for pkgsrc, so, the following is my personal position:
<snip>

I can't say I agree with all of your listed views but I appreciate the honesty and openness. Thank you.

I think the main take-away is DragonFly needs to (highly) discourage building from source and ensure a full set of packages are available quarterly, and to pre-provide pkgin+nih. I yearn for a robust, parallel building environment because the serial building we a doing on one machine is just not practical (and one machine is fine -- the same machine can build 19500 ports in ~3 days with poudriere when it takes a couple of weeks to do 11000 packages serially with pbulk. This is why I would like to see poudriere for pkgsrc.)

John