Re: devel/xulrunner and www/seamonkey don't build on NetBSD 5.2_STABLE

Ryo ONODERA writes:
- Hi,
-
- From: eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen), Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
16:40:41 -0500
- > Ryo ONODERA writes:
- > - From: eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen), Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
15:36:26
- > - > I'm trying to update my pkgsrc tree to 2013-03-18 (or there
- > - > abouts) and I've found that neither www/seamonkey nor
- > - > devel/xulrunner will build, because NetBSD 5.2_STABLE does not
- > - > have the function pthread_getattr_np().
- >
- > One other thing I noticed while trying to get www/seamonkey to
- > build is that it's Makefile (or maybe
- > devel/xulrunner/mozilla-common.mk) needs to include
- >
- >     GCC_REQD=4.5
- >
- > and doesn't.
-
- Thank you.
-
- gcc-4.1.3 from NetBSD 5.2 is not sufficient to build xulrunner anymore
- (from xulrunner 18).
- gcc45-4.5.3 from pkgsrc/lang/gcc45 does not generate proper binary,
- so segfault (build is finished).
- gcc46-4.6.3 from pkgsrc/lang/gcc46 works fine.
- gcc-4.6.4 from NetBSD current generates proper binary too.
-
- And I cannot reproduce -fPIC error on NetBSD/amd64 5.2_RELEASE.
- I will try to build xulrunner on NetBSD/amd64 5.2_SATBLE on nyftp later.
-
-
- Please try the following patches for pkgsrc/devel/xulrunner.
- If the patches are o.k., I will patch seamonkey with similar way.

They patches/changes were successful for my build on
5.2_STABLE/amd64.  (well, I was able to order pizza with the
firefox built on top of this edition of xulrunner.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com