[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: devel/xulrunner and www/seamonkey don't build on NetBSD 5.2_STABLE
Ryo ONODERA writes:
- From: eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen), Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
- > And after a test build, I find that it the above change (also
- > attached as a patch) allows devel/xulrunner to compile past this
- > point on NetBSD 5.2_STABLE (it now dies in a different location
- > complaining of needing -fPIC, investigating.)
- My NetBSD 5.2 release test environment has been dead.
- Now I am building 5.2 virtual machine of VMware Player.
- Could you provide me the -fPIC error messages?
Sure. The entire log of the build (both the visible and
work.log) can be found at http://www.cirr.com/~eric/pkgsrc
- I will investigate these build failure in this
I've tried to delve into it, but I see nothing obvious from the
logs. And I've never had the intimate knowledge of relocatable
object files on the x86 family of architectures.
My current, rather heavy handed, test is trying to lower the
optimization level to -O1 (from -O2.) Shouldn't make any
difference, but I have seen gcc do some silly things over time.
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.
Main Index |
Thread Index |