fonts in graphviz and latex

Hi -

I'm having issues with fonts in the graphvz and tex-latex-bin
packages. I do have fonts/tex-helvetic installed however the Helvetica
 (font=Helvetica or usepackage{helvet} commands) yeild a poor quality
bit mapfont  in graphviz and errors rendering the latex doc.

I could probably fix this with fontpath= or some other magic. But, I'm
interested in resolving the root cause. Is there a "no touch" solution
(ie out of the box)? If not what's the best way to resolve this?

George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710,