Re: pkg_summary out of date due to Unrecognized archive format

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > I replaced the pkg_summary.bz2 and pkg_summary.gz
> > >
> > > I kept the results from the previous file.  It appeared to have
> > > information merged into it and so it had old entries that didn't even
> > > exist for download. (So two different problems.)
> > >
> > > The diff for just PKGNAMEs is 7563 lines long for one repo!
> > >
> > > How was the previous pkg_summary generated on Nov. 15?
> >

> > On IRC, I heard that some packages were missing. I logged in. The file
> > was there, but the pkg_summary was replaced again with list missing many
> > packages.
> >
> > There is a cron job that transfers packages.
> >
> > What generates the pkg_summary?  Can someone please fix this?
> >
> > (I cc'd to developers who may know.)
>
> AFAIK it's generated by pbulk, at the end of the pbulk stage and just
> before rsync.

Can that be disabled?  Or does it transfer missing files from the FTP
server if they are available first?  My concern is the packages appear
to be from multiple developers, so the pkg_summary keeps getting
overwritten with wrong and incomplete information.