Re: pkg_summary out of date due to Unrecognized archive format

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > I am looking at
> > /ftp/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/x86_64/6.0_2012Q3/All/
>
> I replaced the pkg_summary.bz2 and pkg_summary.gz
>
> I kept the results from the previous file.  It appeared to have
> information merged into it and so it had old entries that didn't even
> exist for download. (So two different problems.)
>
> The diff for just PKGNAMEs is 7563 lines long for one repo!
>
> How was the previous pkg_summary generated on Nov. 15?

On IRC, I heard that some packages were missing. I logged in. The file
was there, but the pkg_summary was replaced again with list missing many
packages.

There is a cron job that transfers packages.

What generates the pkg_summary?  Can someone please fix this?

(I cc'd to developers who may know.)