Re: pthreads and the pkgsrc build environment

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 03:09:45PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > On the detection issue:
 >
 >   I think it's a bug that within pkgsrc, 'cc -pthread' succeeds when
 >   (the wrapper) is executed during a build of a package that has not
 >   declared a dependency on pthreads.  Rather than working, the call
 >   should error out, just as linking a library that is not bl3'd in to
 >   the package will fail.
 >
 > Opinions?

Sounds good to me. It'll require some tidying of broken packages, but
probably no more than other things.

It would also be nice to find a way to fail packages that use builtin
libs (e.g. -lz) without including the corresponding bl3 file; but
that's a different problem.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost