Re: PERL5LIB behaviour in pkgsrc broken

On 02.11.12 22:19, Steven Drake wrote:
On Fri, 2 Nov 2012, Thomas Klausner wrote:

/tmp/IMDB-Film-0.52> perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/wiz/test
Now try using it:
/tmp/IMDB-Film-0.52> PERL5LIB=/home/wiz/test/lib/perl5/site_perl perl -e 'use

I thought that might be what you where talking about.

BTW: the after reading the ExtUtils::MakeMaker doc I would suggest using

I would suggest local::lib (devel/p5-local-lib/)

This is what I want fixed.

Like I said its fairly simple to make perl use the api version instead
of the perl version and I can make that change if you want?

That would require a revbump everytime a minor update is done, even
if no ABI changes were made. Since that works fine since I use pkgsrc
(which were Perl 5.8 times), I wouldn't do that change since a real
reason is given.

Jens Rehsack
pkgsrc, Perl5