Re: mksh manpage

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 15:46:21 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Indeed. Maybe there could be a grep or, in the case of compressed
> manpages (which weren’t used by default on BSDs last time I looked)
> some kind of buffering…

How about fixing mdocml to execute nroff in case it doesn't understand a
manual page, in the hope that nroff does a better job at it? Of course,
the manpage could be "genuinely invalid", but I'd trust a real roff
interpreter to produce more accurate results.

> \*[foo] is a GNU groff extension to have arbitrarily-long named
> strings, whereas \*X and \*(XY are the standard nroff/troff/ditroff
> string named references (string, macro, register, etc. names are
> either one or two characters in classic roff).

I see. Thanks for the explaination.

Moritz