Re: xentools41 LDFLAGS Re: broken packages for 2012Q3

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 09:04:37AM +0100, Jaap Boender wrote:
> On Monday 15 Oct 2012 08:15:27 Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 08:43:22AM +0100, Jaap Boender wrote:
> > passing -ldopt to ocamlmklib omits the generation of rpath, so the
> > resulting libraries don't have any rpath encoded into them.  the test
> > would be if oxenstored runs.  (I think it has currently been excised
> > from the build...)
>
> Yes, this was what I feared as well; you have to use ldopt, unfortunately,
> because using -L automatically adds the (wrong) rpath. Obviously, we can add
> the right rpath if necessary, but I just wanted to see if there is an error
> (and which one) when trying to run it like this...

unfortunately, DESTDIR only seems to be set during the install phase,
and not the build phase, but if it were available during the build
phase, -L$(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR) would get an rpath pointing to the workdir
.destdir directory.  maybe something else in the pkgsrc machinery could
clean that up?  (rewriting RPATH entries in the elf files if they
contain .destdir paths?)

what package(s) in pkgsrc could be considered canonical example(s) which
build libraries which are linked to other libraries and programs,
including rpaths?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost