Re: python25 removed

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 08:15:58PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 10:06:40PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
>  > > >  I think we need to review the multiversion policy.
>  > >
>  > > I don't see any reason to.
>  >
>  > Obviously.  To me the only explanation that makes sense is a desire
>  > to artificially inflate pkgsrc package numbers.

[Sent as a general comment - agc]

Some background - pkgsrc is used in a number of places as the
packaging system for production machines.  That means that it varies
between inconvenient and highly difficult to update packages.  For
these kind of places, the ones which need to plan upgrades months in
advance, pkgsrc keeps a long tail of software.

Please bear this in mind.

Thanks,
Alistair