Re: pkgsrc ImageMagick

Hi,

From: Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>, Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
14:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> From: Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>, Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
>> 06:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>> I'm bringing some of my packages more up-to-date and noticed that the
>>> print/poppler package now requires graphics/lcms2 (earlier release
>>> used graphics/lcms).
>>>
>>> Yet the graphics/ImageMagick package still requires graphics/lcms and
>>> will not recognize if lcms2 is installed.  So I end up with both
>>> versions on my system.
>>
>> ImageMagick package is buildlinked to lcms not lcms2.
>> Try the following patch.
>
> Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>
> Is it necessary for ImageMagick to be buildlinked to a specific
> version of lcms?  It seems to me that "it would be nice if" it figured
> which version is installed, and just use it.

I does not confirm compatibility between lcms and lcms2 actually yet.
lcms and lcms2 will have API/ABI incompatibility, then we have
graphics/lcms and graphics/lcms2.

Fortunately ImageMagick support lcms and lcms2.
But there will be lcms-only package or lcms2-only packages.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3