Re: Depreciate PERL5_MODULE_TYPE=Module::Install

On 06.09.2012 10:50, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 09:16:56AM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>>>
>>> What does this change, effectively, for pkgsrc?
>
> Can you please answer this question, too?

Yes, I can - sorry for ignoring it so far.

For pkgsrc users one package will be lost (textproc/p5-PDF-API2-Simple)
and all other packages will build faster. I don't know about any further
impact for users.

The additional change for pkgsrc developers is, that
PERL5_MODULE_TYPE=Module::Install is depreciated and should not be used
any more.

>>> Should we remove the option from lang/perl5/module.mk?
>>>  Thomas
>>
>> Probably later. If you know as fast way to do it, you could mark the
>> option as depreciated.
>
> The attached diff should do it (untested).

Looks good, but I didn't test it as well :(
Probably you should put around the warning something like this
.if !empty(PERL5_WARN_DEPRECIATED_MODULE_TYPE:M[Yy][Ee][Ss])
to allow those who know to use M::I - and they should know that they
have to contact pkgsrc-p5-people@

/Jens