Re: Python Unicode

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:13:53 +0900, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

So our Pythons don't support the full Unicode range.

When I add --with-wide-unicode to the CONFIGURE_ARGS, I get:
my largest character is 1114111

But the PLIST is completely different, "3.2u" instead of "3.2" in many
places.

Anyway, don't we want to enable this?

From configure script, 4-byte Unicode characters (--with-wide-unicode) is
optional, default is 2 bytes.

`u' is optional build flag for SOABI.
You can also see `m' (--with-pymalloc) and `d' (--with-pydebug),
it also affect to file names for additionally installed modules.
(you can find some PYTHON_SOABI in lang/python/*).

It is possible to add wide-unicode option for python32,
but you must take care that after the option is changed,
all depending python module packages must be rebuild.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost